|The size of the hole on Saturday night|
|The size of the hole by Monday|
On Saturday night when most families were at Halloween parties - I was on-line trying to navigate plane fares and travel arrangements. While Dr. B said Tuesday or Thursday would be best for surgery...there was no way financially to get there on Monday for a Tuesday surgery so we booked tickets to fly out on Wednesday, hoping for a Thursday surgery. We didn't have a 'scheduled' surgery yet. We were at the mercy of possible cancellations of other patients due to illness and the storm on the east coast but Dr. Bauer's office assured me there would be a surgery. I quickly packed our things...thank goodness I had never really had a chance to completely UNpack from Utah - we were going to need a lot of those warm clothes. All the things we typically have weeks to prepare for were all happening at once.
|All ready for Trick or Treating|
Thursday was a day of anticipation - waiting for surgery on Friday. I promised Zac a train ride so we went to Gurnee Mills to ride their little train but nothing seemed to cheer this little guy up. He even threw a couple of major fits which is totally unlike him. Thursday couldn't come quick enough. We spent the rest of the day cooped up in the hotel - Zac happily playing with his trains until we got the call for our surgery time and then it came...surgery at 1:30 be there at noon...no food after mid-night. This was starting to become very familiar...
|Captain Not-so-Happy riding the train.|